Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Pangala
, Pangala-Potta (Kerala)
, Pangala-Panjim ( Goa )
, Pangala-Margoa ( Goa )
, Pangala-Canacona ( Goa )
Book online bus tickets to Thrissur By Sugama Tourists
Thrissur Sugama Tourists is about this sound pronunciation formerly known as Trichur, is a city in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the headquarters of the Thrissur District. It is known as the 'Cultural Capital of Kerala'. Thrissur city is built around a 65-acre hillock called the Thekkinkadu Maidan which seats the Vadakkumnathan temple. This area is the city's cultural and spiritual centre, offering --- in addition to religious experiences --- an array of festivals and historical and natural sights. Thrissur is the fourth largest city in Kerala , after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode. The nearest international airport is Cochin International Airport, Nedumbassery.
According to data compiled by economics research firm Indicus Analytics on residences, earnings and investments, Thrissur Sugama Tourists ranked as the seventh best city in India to reside in. Indicus considered six parameters – health, education, environment, safety, public facilities and entertainment – for preparing their 'reside-in' index of liveability. Thrissur is the place where Christianity and Islam entered in to India, when Apostle St. Thomas set foot 2,000 years ago and the country’s first mosque opened in the 7th Century.
Thrissur Sugama Tourists is known for the Thrissur Pooram festival, the most colourful and spectacular temple festival in Kerala. The festival is held at the Thekkinkadu Maidan in April or May. Thrissur has a large number of well-known temples including the Thiruvambady Srikrishna temple, Vadakkumnathan temple and Paramekkavu temple, as well as two famous churches, the Our Lady of Lourdes Metropolitan Cathedral and the Basilica of Our Lady of Dolours. Thrissur is also the venue of Pulikali during Onam celebrations in August or September. Thrissur is an important business centre in South India as well as a leading shopping centers in Kerala for silks and gold jewelry. Thrissur ranks first in the number of domestic tourists in Kerala also. Apart from being the cultural nerve centre of Kerala, it is also a major academic hub and is home to several educational institutions including the Kerala Agricultural University and Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA).
Thrissur Sugama Tourists is a culturally rich city. Bestowed with breathtaking scenic beauty and warm, generous inhabitants, Thrissur acts as a time warp to the average tourist. It seems one has walked into a settlement that refuses to out grow its quaint, sylvan beauty. The ancient palaces and mansions, the cobbled streets belie the cultural progress made by the people of this beautiful place.
Places Of Interest In Thrissur City through Sugama Tourists
1) In Thrissur, the Shakthan Thampuran Palace, also known as Vadakkekara Palace was constructed by the great ruler of Cochin, Shakthan Thampuran and rebuilt in 1795 by Sri. Ramavarma Thampuran. The style of architecture bears considerable Dutch influences.
2) In Thrissur, the Church of Our Lady of Dolors, Thrissur is also known as the New Church and is the biggest church in South Asia.
3) In Thrissur, the Archeological & Art Museum at Thrissur is a depository of graceful stone sculptures, antique jewelry and intricately carved wooden handicrafts.
4) Thrissur Zoo houses a number of wildlife animals and attracts locals and tourists alike.
5) In Thrissur, Kerala Sahitya Academy in collaboration with the Kendriya Sahitya Academy in New Delhi aims at encouraging Malayalam language and promoting its literature especially to the younger generations..
6) In Thrissur, Kerala Lalitha Kala Academy (1962) was established in an attempt to promote the performing and fine arts of the state which had fallen into a decline.
7) In Thrissur, Kerala Sangeetha Nadaka Academy in Thrissur was established to promote dance, theater and music in Kerala. Thanks to its efforts Thrissur can now boast of a theatre with all modern amenities.
8) Vilangan Kunnu in Thrissur is a recreational center and a picnic spot where various amusement devices for children have been constructed.
The main attraction of the city of Thrissur is its culture. Tourists flock from all over the globe to participate in its festivals. Thrissur Pooram is an eight day long event and a spectacular elephant procession is the highlight of this festival. The elephants are decked in golden caparisons and make their way through the city thoroughfare amidst drumbeats, festivities and cheer. Devotees from the Thiruvambadi and the Paramekkavu temples follow these grand creatures and the deities idols are mounted on them. A brilliant firework display brings these festivals to a breathtaking end. Visitors may thus be advised to visit Thrissur in April- May when the Pooram festival is held or in the winter months when the weather is pleasant.
The above places can be visited through Sugama Tourists which makes the journey a happy journey.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Thrissur
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Thrissur
About Sugama Tourists:
Founded in 1977 by H Subhodh Ballal, the Anantha Padmanabha Motors (APM) is one of the largest privately owned public bus operators in the undivided Dhakshina Kannada District. APM's fleet consists of 100 plus buses on different routes and a staff of over 400. In 1977, APM began its operation between Hebri and Kundapura with one bus service. At present APM providing express and shuttle service for the Dakshina Kannada and Udupi District. It later expanded into operating a Luxury bus route between cities.
1996: This year our Firm thought of an idea of introducing luxury buses and introduced two ACGL body built luxury buses from Hebri to Bangalore and in succeeding years we increased the number of luxury buses up to 20, running between Bhatkal to Bangalore, Gangolly to Bangalore, Kundapur to Bangalore, Manipal to Bangalore, Karwar to Bangalore, Bijapur to Bangalore, Kokkarne to Bangalore, Udupi to Bangalore, these buses are run under the name and style SUGAMA TOURIST (A.P.M). We are proud to say that we are pioneers in introducing AIR SUSPENSION buses in Udupi District and all the luxury buses are AIR SUSPENSION buses in addition to this we have AC SLEEPER buses too.