Book online bus tickets to Shimoga By Sugama Tourists.
Sugama Tourists takes you to the Shivamogga is a city located in Shivamogga district in the central part of the state of Karnataka, India. It lies on the banks of the Tunga River and is the administrative headquarters of the district.
Nearby attractions in Shimoga.
1) Agumbe 90 km south-west, is unforgettable for its glorious sunset.
2) Jog Falls are a spectacular series of waterfalls, located 105 km away from Shimoga. The Sharavathi River takes a spectacular jump from a height of 292 m in four distinct falls to form the highest waterfalls in India. The best time to visit these falls is soon after the monsoon season during July and August.
3) Kodachadri is a beautiful hill station in the Western Ghats. It is 120 km from Shimoga.
4) Gajanur lies 15 km to the southwest. The dam built across the Tunga River here is ideal for picnics.
5) Koodli lies 15 km and is the place where the Tunga and Bhadra river meet and flow together as Tungabhadra.
6) Lion Safari lies 12 km on the way to Sagara. Forest department will take for safari ride in the vehicle to spot the wild animals.
7) B R P Dam is 28 km from the city on the way to Lakkavalli. This is the dam built on the Bhadra river with a maximum height of 186 feet.
8) Kaveladurga is a trekking spot around 80 km from Shimoga. A fort built on the hill top and the enchanting view of the western ghats can be seen from this place.
9) Mrugavadhe lies in Thirthahalli taluk and is famous for its Mallikarjuna temple and its scenic beauty.
10) Sigandhooru is 108 km from Shimoga in Sagar taluk. This place is famous for Sigandhoor Sridevi temple and to reach this place one has to go in launch (due to backwaters of river Sharavathi) run by the State government.
11) Sringeri is 105 km from Shimoga. This place is famous for the Sharadha temple and Sringeri Mutt.
12) Sakkare Bayalu is a nice elephant camp 2 km away from Gajanur Dam on the way to Thirthahalli.
13) Ikkeri near Sagara town is known for huge rock temple of Aghoreshwara. Keladi is also having rock temple; both of these temples belong to Shivappa Nayaka period. Sagara town is known for wood carving articles particularly of sandal wood, which can be handy for presentation/memonto.
14) The village of Ambuthirtha is about 16 km north-west of Thirthahalli. The Sharavathi River originates here and a Shivalinga is installed at the spot.
15) Kemmannagundi is a popular hill station near Shimoga though it lies in Chickmagalur district.
"Chibbalagude", Thirthahalli, The famous place for Siddivinayaka temple & Fish in Tunga river, (like Shringeri). For all these places, one should find rooms in Shimoga or Sagar only, as other places are almost villages. "Shiva Statue" made of concrete is installed at Harakere, near Shivamogga looks good.
Lion safari is 6 km from Shimoga. Safari drives are conducted in cage vans to get closer glimpse of wild animals.
Many shops at Shivamogga's widely laid boulevards are a Shoppers paradise. The Nehru Avenue [Road], B.H Road, Durgigudi, Balaraj urs Road, Sowlanga Road, Shivappanayaka Market (Now it is demolished and is shifted temporarily to taluk office premises), Gandhi Bazaar are the major commercial centres of Shivamogga. Cloth and other related items like dresses, saaris etc., are available at cheaper rates than other places. Most of those, though not of international recognition are of very good quality.
Supermarkets are opening up too. Birla group's 'More' is the first one.
Local attraction in Shimoga.
A small fort of Shivappa Nayaka and adjoining to it is a Kote Anjaneeya(Lord Hanuman) temple near banks of the river Tunga.
Tourist Attractions in Shimoga.
Make your Tour to Shimoga memorable by visiting these famous tourist places near Shimoga –
1)Tyarekoppa Lion Safari
Started in 1988, this lion-tiger safari is an ideal picnic spot, situated 10 km from Shimoga. You can sight a variety of Lions, Tigers, Cheetah, Bear, Deer, and exotic migratory birds here.
2) Sakrebayalu Elephant Camp
Located 14 km from Shimoga, you can catch a glimpse of several elephants playing in the waters, by getting into this camp before 9 am.
3) Keladi The first capital of Keladi Nayakas, it has a large courtyard decked with the Rameshvara temple, Veerbhadreshvara temple, and the Parvati temple.
Places around Shimoga
Explore the land of Shimoga, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Shimoga –
1) Agumbe This spectacular sunset point is also known as the Cheerapunji of South India as it receives the highest rainfall in South India. This picturesque landscape is renowned for its glorious sunset.
2) Jog Falls One of the highest waterfalls in India, Jog Falls is situated 100 km from Shimoga. It is formed by the Sharavathi River, gushing down from a height of 253 meters.
3) Ballegavi Also known as Dakshina Kedara, there are some important temples here like the Kedareshvara temple, Tripurantakeshvara temple, Prabhudeva temple, etc.
4) Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary Situated 32 km from Shimoga, this is a picnic spot set amidst lush green forest where birds migrate from far-off places.
Sugama Tourists takes you to the Shimoga and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Shimoga
Book online bus tickets to Brahmavara By Sugama Tourists.
Sugama Tourists takes you to the Brahmavar or Brahmavara, or Brahmavaar is a main road town on NH 17, located 13 km north of the Udupi in Udupi district in Karnataka state of India. It has been mentioned as Brahmaputr, Brahmavuar and Brahmara in the inscription, which means 'a settlement of Brahmins'. It is an ancient cultural centre of the region being adjacent to Barkur, which was the capital town of Tulunadu.
Other places of Interest in and around Brahmavar.
* All India Radio station
* Agriculture Research Institute
* Sugar factory
* Srikrishna Dairy - 4 km from Brahmavar towards Udupi
* Hangyo Ice Cream factory - in Srikrishna Dairy Campus
* Mahishamardini temple in Beelavara
* Garadi mane in Varambally village
* Barkur town
* Handadi, The settlement of the Hande family, one of many Brahmin families who settled in the region following their migration from North India.
Brahmavara is a place of Karnataka and is also a beautiful place where we can spent the time more enjoyable.
Brahmavara is a purely a visiting place and also a time spelt city and is also a tourists place where many of them come there and enjoy the place and spent time with cool breeze air and stuff.
Sugama Tourists takes you to the Brahmavara and make the things better and enjoyable.
Thus the Brahmavara place have lots of buses which reach the place more easily and comfortably by Sugama Tourists.
Sugama Tourists takes you to the Brahmavara and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Brahmavara
, Brahmavara-Bangalore Intl Airport
, Brahmavara-Bangalore Air Port Bial
, Brahmavara-Siddapur (Sirsi)
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Brahmavara
, Bangalore Intl Airport-Brahmavara
, Bangalore Air Port Bial-Brahmavara
, Siddapur (Sirsi)-Brahmavara
About Sugama Tourists:
Founded in 1977 by H Subhodh Ballal, the Anantha Padmanabha Motors (APM) is one of the largest privately owned public bus operators in the undivided Dhakshina Kannada District. APM's fleet consists of 100 plus buses on different routes and a staff of over 400. In 1977, APM began its operation between Hebri and Kundapura with one bus service. At present APM providing express and shuttle service for the Dakshina Kannada and Udupi District. It later expanded into operating a Luxury bus route between cities.
1996: This year our Firm thought of an idea of introducing luxury buses and introduced two ACGL body built luxury buses from Hebri to Bangalore and in succeeding years we increased the number of luxury buses up to 20, running between Bhatkal to Bangalore, Gangolly to Bangalore, Kundapur to Bangalore, Manipal to Bangalore, Karwar to Bangalore, Bijapur to Bangalore, Kokkarne to Bangalore, Udupi to Bangalore, these buses are run under the name and style SUGAMA TOURIST (A.P.M). We are proud to say that we are pioneers in introducing AIR SUSPENSION buses in Udupi District and all the luxury buses are AIR SUSPENSION buses in addition to this we have AC SLEEPER buses too.